Blog 7 Dr. Carson's Dicussion

After reading Dr. Carson’s essay, I understand that anyone has his or her own obstacles in the way of his or her success, even good students. I  also have some obstacles, some I can overcome them, but others troubled me for a long time. For example, I don’t have confidence and I am very strict with myself. Those obstacles always exits in my life.

First, I want to talk about some of the difficulties that I can overcome. I were very afraid of the exam before. When I was in high school, I felt very nervous before tests. Because in China grades are very important. If I got bad grades, parents and teachers all felt disappointed for me. And I would get some punishment for it, such as I don’t have time for recreation and I need to spend the free time to go to cram school. Also, after each test teachers would rank, and then posted in the classroom. Students would compare his grades with others. It is very awful for some students who get poor grades. Because some students like to laugh at the students behind of them. In addition, for the Chinese classes, only good students who have good grades can allow to sit in front of the classroom and they can have good study resources. On the contrast, the students sitting at the back of the classroom are basically unwilling to learn. They always speak loudly, which leads to you can’t hear what the teacher said. Under this atmosphere, your grades will get worse and worse. Although in this competitive environment can stimulate students’ morale, we all feel so stressed. I don’t have ability to change this institution, so I have to adjust my mentality and make full preparations. I begin to review a week before the exam. I would do many exercises to make sure that I hold this knowledge. Also, I have  a notebook to collect my mistakes. I would analyze the mistakes before the test. This is a good learning methods, which helps me to hold knowledge and contribute me to overcome a little nervous. Before the test, I would listen some music to release my stress, which is an important way to overcome nervous. 

Even though I can overcome some troubles,  I can’t get over some obstacles in my life. I don’t have confidence and I am very strict with myself. I think these two question are of the same type. My parents are very strict with me. They want me to be the best at everything. For me, I am the only child in my family. I don’t want my family feel disappointed. In China, relatives like to compare their children with others. I don’t want be the worse. So I tried very hard to prove myself. If I don’t do well in something, I will blame myself. I feel I am very useless and lose my confidence. Although  I know gold can’t be pure and man can’t be perfect, I still pay more attention on results. 

评论

热门博文