Blog 6


In the blog 6, I want to conclude this semester. In the next three paragraphs, I want to answer question 1, 2 and 6.

Compared exam 1 and exam 2, for my personal view, I think they are very different. The progress from exam 1 to exam 2 is more like the Bloom’s Taxonomy. In the exam 1 which tests the definition of context clues, punctuation clues and some words meaning. This likes the bottom of the Bloom’s Taxonomy. It tests whether we remember and understand it or not. But in the exam 2, we review the content of the exam 1 first, Because with the time goes by, some memories of the exam 1 will be forgotten. Reviewing the exam 1 is an important way to help us to hold this knowledge points. And the most different ways is part 2. Because it combined with the article and definitions, which allows us to apply and analyze the knowledge what we learned in the first stage. Which likes the third and fourth layer in the Bloom’s Taxonomy. As far as I am concerned, I think part 2 exists some challenges. We need point the topic theme and supporting details in the article. And then, try to analyze it. Knowing how the signal words and punctuation clues explain the sentence and the what is the effect. To the sum, exam 1 is more academic, which includes many definitions. It likes a foundation to help us reading. And exam 2 is more like the usual way of reading. It includes more reading strategies which can help us to read articles in the future.

I think the reading strategies what we learned, including finding topic, main ideas, major details and minor details are help me to comprehend the sentences that writers want to tell me. Also, using these strategies help me to save time when I read and improve my working vocabulary. For me, the most helpful is the context of the synonyms and antonyms. Because in my previous reading, if I came across too many new words, I would not have the patience to keep reading. This has always been my dyslexia. But after I learned synonyms, antonyms and punctuations, when I read the article and meet new words, those can help me to explain the words’ meaning and express the viewpoint of the writers. I think it helps me to overcome the difficulties. And improved my reading interest. I did not like reading before, even if I saw a long article, I would want to give up. But now I am willing to read some articles, because I have confidence that I can overcome those challenges.

For the reading resources that I want to read. Maybe I hope we can read some long articles that includes many new words. I want to meet some new words, because it can increase my amount of the vocabulary. Also, I hope overcome my difficulties thoroughly. Furthermore, I also want to read some articles which have some various sentence structure. I believe I can accumulate different sentence structures in this way. And I can use these sentence structures in my essay in the future, which can improve the quality of my article and make it looks richer and plentiful rather than static and tedious. To be honest, I do not like reading  David Brook’s articles. I think his articles are very difficult to comprehend. Take this test for example, I spend many time in finding his three supporting details. His article is extremely abstract. Sometimes when I read his article, even I know all the words, but I still do not know his sentences and paragraphs. I do not know what is his points and what the role does the sentence play in the passage.

评论

热门博文